If you receive this message when attemping to play a .RA or .RM file over the Internet using the RealPlayer or RealPlayer Plus 4.0 or 5.0 , it is likely that the system you are using is behind a firewall.
In order to determine whether or not the system is behind a firewall, you should first determine whether or not RealPlayer can play a local .RA or .RM file. One such file is thankyou.rm, which was copied to the system's hard drive when RealPlayer was installed.
In order to play this file:
- Open your RealPlayer.
- Select Open File from the File menu.
- Locate the Real directory on the hard drive.
- Locate the thankyou.rm file.
- Select the file and choose Open.
To resolve this error, set the proxy setting in the RealPlayer. The first step in doing this is to get a proxy setting. If you are using an ISP, or Internet Service Provider, to connect to the Internet, you can get this value from them. If you are on a local area network, please contact your System's Administrator and ask them if the system has a RealAudio proxy and to which port it is set. If your System's Administrator is unfamiliar with the RealAudio proxy, please direct them to the Firewall Administrator's Page for additional information.
To configure the RealPlayer for a proxy setting:
- Open RealPlayer
- Under the View menu, select Preferences.
- From the Preferences dialog box, select the Proxy option.
- Enter the information provided by your ISP or administrator for either the RealPlayer Proxy
or HTTP Proxy.
- Click Okat the bottom of the Preferences dialog box.
For more information about firewalls, see the firewall pages.